Tuesday, October 14, 2014

How to replace your cable bill by a house cleaner?

Since a couple of years, I want to get ride of the cable because the cost doesn't justify its usage but my wife still want to listen sometimes to traditional TV. I made a deal with her. I have exchanged the cable bills to a maid and air HDTV. I have invested CAN$163 to buy the material required to set-up a digital antenna and 4 hours to install it. It will take me only 4 months to recover my investment and then my saving will paid 50% of my maid bill per months. What do you need to buy to do the same? (special thanks the Steph)

You can get everything on amazon.

#1) Buy online the required material

  1. RCA Dual Coax Wall Plate RG 6/RG 59 - White (home depot or amazon) CAN$ 6.93
  2. RCA outdoor antenna preamplifier Sold by Amazon.com.ca, Inc. CAN$ 44.29

Total = $CAN 163.88
1)2)Monoprice 103034 50-Feet RG6  Quad Shield CL2 Coaxial Cable with F Type Connector - Black3)RCA TVPRAMP1R Outdoor Antenna Preamplifier4)RCA ANT751R Outdoor Antenna Optimized for Digital Reception

#2) Install it

Final setup looks like this:
IMG_20141014_223123.jpgAntenneTele.jpg

#3) Adjust it

Don't forget to adjust your antenna to get optimal reception -> Antenna angle ajustment

No comments:

Post a Comment